Background papers/Special studies
Dialogue 2 - Assessing fragmentation, synergies, areas of duplication and opportunities for cooperation between existing mechanisms and processes, thus improving overall coherence and enhancing inter-linkages
- Fragmentation, synergies, areas of duplication and opportunities for cooperation between existing mechanisms and processes including the Technology Bank dedicated to LDCs, WIPO Green, the UNFCCC Technology Mechanism, and CGIAR;
- How to improve overall coherence and enhance interlinkages between existing mechanisms and processes;
- Lessons in fostering innovation and enabling conditions for successful technology facilitation;
- Relevant lessons and successful practices learned from existing national or regional initiatives such as ARPA-e or the European Framework Programme;
- The scope for specific and concrete areas where a convergence of views and joint action is worth exploring in this cycle of structured Dialogues;
- Pros and cons regarding the scope and feasibility of new mechanisms, including a global mechanism for facilitation of clean and environmentally sound technology.