- Submitted by: Dutch Sustainable Growth Coalition
- Topic: Partnerships for Sustainable Development
- Keywords: Sustainable Business Models, Partnership, Sustainable Growth
- Location: Netherlands
- Date of completion:
- Click for more information
Dutch Sustainable Growth Coalition (DSGC)
Partner(s)Akzo Nobel, DSM, FrieslandCampina, Heineken, KLM, Philips, Shell and Unilever
Description/achievement of initiativeThe Dutch Sustainable Growth Coalition (DSGC) has the following objectives:
The DSGC aims to pro-actively drive sustainable growth business models along three lines:
Shape:DSGC member companies aim to connect economic profitability with environmental and social progress on the basis of integrated sustainable growth business models.
Share: DSGC member companies aim for joint advocacy of sustainable growth business models both internationally and nationally.
Stimulate:DSGC member companies aim to stimulate and influence the policy debate on enabling sustainable growth – with a view to finding solutions to the environmental and social challenges we are facing.
Implementation methodologiesThe DSGC member companies have committed to take the following actions:
• Within their individual organizations, DSGC members continue to optimize sustainable business strategies towards a sustainable growth business model and to meet their specific targets, which are transparent and measurable. For this purpose the members commit themselves to peer learning through sharing good practices.
• DSGC members will play a catalyst role in their respective sectors in order to ensure long-term integration of sustainability and inspire the transition towards sustainable growth and creating shared value through their business model.
• Identify national and international platforms to advocate best practices among Dutch and international businesses, government, consumers, investors and civil society including NGOs and universities.
• The DSGC aspires to be a coalition of thought leaders and will give its views on “what is moving the boundaries” in relation to inclusive sustainable growth.
• The DSGC will develop policy recommendations to influence government and EU policies so as to create the right framework conditions for sustainable growth.