- Submitted by: Tropical Forest Foundation
- Topic: Forests
- Date of completion: 2022-12-31
- Click for more information
- This voluntary initiative came from Partnerships for SD (CSD11/WSSD)
Public-Private Partnership for Sustainable Forest Management
Government of United States of America - US Agency for International Development (USAID)
Associate Indonesian Forest Concession Holders (APHI) (Indonesia)
Associate of Indonesian Plywood Producers (APKINDO) (Indonesia)
active in promoting sustainable forest management. ()
Other intergovernmental organizations:
Asia Pacific Forestry Commission (APFC) ()
Center for International Forest Research (CIFOR) ()
Tropical Forest Foundation (TFF) (United States of America)
Description/achievement of initiativeOn a pilot demonstration basis, this initiative will seek to:
* Identify forest management units (FMU) or companies committed to the achievement of sustainable forest management.
* Integrate key aspects of Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) principles into Forest management through introducing and verifying chain of custody arrangements.
* Provide reporting mechanism of SFM and chain of custody arrangements in order to satisfy USA distributors of forest products
* Ensure that Indonesian producers can be assured of market access for sustainably managed and produced forest products.
* To foster responsible and sustainable development through the encouragement and stimulation of sustainable forest management using a market orientated mechanism.