- Submitted by: The Pacific International Center for High Technology Research (PICHTR)
- Topic: Energy
- Date of completion: 2022-12-01
- Click for more information
- This voluntary initiative came from Partnerships for SD (CSD11/WSSD)
Renewable-Energy-Based Rural Electrification (RERE) Initiative
Government of Fiji
Government of Japan
private sector companies (unspecified) ()
Pacific International Center for High Technology Research (PICHTR) (United States of America)
Description/achievement of initiativeThe main objectives of this initiative are to:
* Promote and develop renewable energy technology appropriate to the marine and tropical environment of the Asia-Pacific region (e.g. hybrid power systems, solar home systems for remote villages)
* Assist, facilitate and support its application through technical services, education, and training for the sustainable development of the region.
The renewable-energy-based technologies under this initiative have and will continue to result in improved quality of life and economic development of Pacific Island nations with minimal environmental impact.