- Submitted by: Czech Republic
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: Education and Training, Capacity Building
- Date of completion: 2006-08-01
- Click for more information
- This voluntary initiative came from Partnerships for SD (CSD11/WSSD)
Visegrad Group Countries' Summer School of Development Aid and Co-operation
Government of Czech Republic - Ministry of the Environment
Government of Hungary - Ministry of the Environment
Government of Poland - Ministry of the Environment
Government of Slovakia - Ministry of the Environment
Palacký University, Olomouc (Czech Republic)
Academic sector, Youth, NGOs., Public Admin. ()
Description/achievement of initiativeMain objectives:
* To promote the process of transferring the Visegrad Group Countries from recepient to donor countries.
* To integrate sustainable development and environmental considerations into the system of development assistance and co-operation performed by the Visegrad Group Countries.
* To support education and awareness in the field of sustainable development in countries with economy in transition and in least developed countries by so called "East-East Transfer of Know-How".
* * To assist the V4 countries to implement their global and regional obligations in the fields of environment and sustainable development also through development aid and co-operation.
* To demonstrate the role of integration of environmental and sustainable development aspects of development aid and co-operation as a tools for to contribute to establishing and strengthening stable international relations based on partnership, to building peace and security.
* To make acquaintance of the participants from developing countries with the system and sources of development assistance and co-operation.
* To support the capacity building in project preparation, project management, modelling etc.