- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Zouk Mikael, Lebanon
- Date of completion: 2015
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
Notre Dame University – Louaize
Partner(s)Notre Dame University – Louaize
Description/achievement of initiativeThe University has implemented revised curricula in four areas of study:
- Support the development of of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in the higher education sector in Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon.
- Build capacity amongst university staff to embed ESD in curricula and pedagogy.
- Review and revise undergraduate curricula to address ESD in line with Bologna and Lisbon processes.
- Assist the coordination and dissemination of ESD policy, research, curriculum reform and practice relating to ESD in the partner institutions that are expected to function as role models in the region.
Implementation methodologiesSince 2010, Notre Dame University Louaize (NDU) has engaged as partner from the Arab region in the Tempus project: Reorient University Curricula to Address Sustainability (RUCAS), along with European partners (University of Crete and the University of Athens in Greece, Dublin City University in Ireland, Stockholm University in Sweden, University of Padova in Italy, and the University of Bordeaux 3 in France. Other Arab region partners are involved in RUCAS along with NDU (Université La Sagesse from Lebanon, Suez Canal University and Heliopolis University for Sustainable Development from Egypt, and from Jordan the Hashemite University and the University of Jordan.
|Tempus Project: Reorient University Curricula to Address Sustainability (RUCAS)||2015|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of student and faculty dedicated to sustainable development|