- Submitted by: Cambodia
- Topic: Green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication
- Location: Cambodia
- Date of completion: 2010
- Click for more information
- This voluntary initiative came from Green economy policies, practices and initiatives
The National Green Growth Roadmap - Cambodia
Description/achievement of initiativeCambodia was the first LDC in the region to develop a National Green Growth Roadmap in 2010.
The National Green Growth Roadmap is produced by Cambodia for furthering development to benefit the people and conserve and restore the natural capital base to continue economic growth within the limits posed by the environmental carrying capacity.
The Roadmap proposes possible paths for short, medium, and longterm implementation of green growth in Cambodia. In doing so it suggests win-win-win situations between economy, environment and society to show that economic growth, environmental sustainability and human well-being can be achieved. Adopting a holistic approach to development will help the country improve resilience and decrease vulnerability to climate change.
The National Green Growth Roadmap focuses on addressing the following seven goals:
- Access to clean water and sanitation,
- Access to renewable energy,
- Access to information and knowledge,
- Access to means for better mobility,
- Access to finance and investments,
- Access to food security (agriculture) and non-chemical products, and
- Access to sustainable landuse.