- Submitted by: Papua New Guinea
- Topic: Green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication
- Location: Papua New Guinea
- Date of completion: 2011
- Click for more information
- This voluntary initiative came from Green economy policies, practices and initiatives
Papua New Guinea: Carbon neutral by 2050
Description/achievement of initiativeIn its recent communication to the UNFCCC Papua New Guinea announced that it is aiming to decrease its GHG emissions by at least 50 per cent before 2030, while becoming carbon-neutral before 2050.