- Submitted by: United States of America
- Topic: Green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication
- Location: United States of America
- Date of completion: 1992
- Click for more information
- This voluntary initiative came from Green economy policies, practices and initiatives
Description/achievement of initiativeEnergy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy dedicated to helping individuals protect the environment through superior energy efficiency.
Source: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy
Energy Star is the national symbol of energy efficiency. with the help of ENERGY STAR, Americans saved enough energy in 2010 alone to avoid greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from 33 million cars -all while saving nearly $18 billion on their utility bills.