- Submitted by: United Kingdom
- Topic: Green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication
- Location: Wales, United Kingdom
- Date of completion: 2009
- Click for more information
- This voluntary initiative came from Green economy policies, practices and initiatives
One Wales: One Planet
Description/achievement of initiativeThis scheme defines sustainable development as enhancing the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of people and communities, achieving a better quality of life for our own and future generations.
Source: Parliament of United Kingdom
"One Wales: One Planet" affirms that sustainable development will be the central organising principle of the Welsh Assembly Government and sets out the steps that will be taken to fully embed this approach. This scheme also confirms that sustainable development is the overarching strategic aim of all policies and programmes, across all Ministerial portfolios and sets out vision of a sustainable Wales, based on using only a fair share of the earth's resources and becoming a fairer and more just nation.