- Submitted by: Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (ICDF)
- Topic: Energy
- Keywords: Green energy, green technology components, smart meter, Led, Solar technology
- Location: Targeted local or regional governments are under the list of EBRDís countries of operations.
- Date of completion: May 18, 2021
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Green Energy Special Fund (GESF)
Partner(s)1. TaiwanICDF (Taiwan) 2. European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) 3. Local or regional governments under the list of EBRDís countries of operations. particular focus on small and medium municipalities and early transition countries.
Description/achievement of initiativeMeet the energy needs of beneficiary countries in Central Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia as they make the transition to low-carbon energy solutions; promote energy efficiency and the development of renewable energy.
Implementation methodologiesThe TaiwanICDF makes a contribution of US$80 million to this Green Energy Special Fund and the operation and implementation will be administrated by the EBRD. The use of GESF proceeds will be open and linked to the need of the municipal and environmental infrastructure, which assists to provide access to those potential clients to adapt energy-efficiency technologies.
|Provide concessional loan during the 10-year Fund period.||2011-2021|
|Financing (in USD)||$80,000,000|