- Submitted by: Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (ICDF)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: Technological and Vocational Education and Training, Student Loan
- Location: Republic of Honduras, Republic of Nicaragua, Republic of Guatemala, Republic of El Salvador
- Date of completion: December 18, 2014
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
TaiwanICDF-CABEI 'Technological and Vocational Education and Training Student Loan Fund'
Partner(s)1. TaiwanICDF (Taiwan) 2. Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI)
Description/achievement of initiativeTo improve the quality of the Technological and Vocational Education and Training systems (TVET systems) in Central America as well as to strengthen their economic relevance for the Region.
Implementation methodologiesThe student loan fund is managed by CABEI in accordance within the framework of CABEI's internal regulatory provisions. The funding will be relent through the qualified intermediary financial institutions to the students of eligible TVET Institutions
|Provide concessional loan during the 5-year commitment period.||2009-2014|
|Financing (in USD)||$10,000,000|
|Other, please specify||200,000 for associated technical assistance|