- Submitted by: Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (ICDF)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Location: Ndemban, The Gambia
- Date of completion: December 23, 2013
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Project in The Gambia
Partner(s)1. TaiwanICDF (Taiwan)
2. Government of The Gambia
3. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China (Taiwan)
Description/achievement of initiativeTo construct a new TVET center located in Ndemban which is expected to substitute for the Banjul Skills Training Center, a GTTI Annex, and upgrade the quality and quantity of the TVET available through public training institutes.
Implementation methodologiesThe funding of the loan will be used for construction of buildings, to procure consultant services, and the staff training, as well as curriculum development. The National Training Authority of The Gambia will be the execution agent, and inject their ownership to the project.
|Provide concessional loan during the 5-year commitment period.||2008-2013|
|Financing (in USD)||$3,600,000|
|Other, please specify||350,000 for associated technical assistance,600,000 (counterpart from the Government of The Gambia),400,000 (funding from the MOFA of Taiwan)|