- Submitted by: Atpades Foundation
- Topic: Climate change
- Keywords: community, climate change, global, citizen, volunteer, nicaragua, youth, young, environment, poverty,
- Location: Leon, Nicaragua
- Date of completion: 30 Apr 2013
- Click for more information
In Support of Rio+20 Future We Want
This initiative is in support of paragraph 190 of the Rio+20 outcome document, the Future We Want
Deliverables & Resources
Developing skills and capacities to combat Climate Change in rural communities
Partner(s)Raleigh International, Juan Francisco Paz Silva Cooperative, Atpades Foundation
Description/achievement of initiative1. To increase awareness of disadvantaged groups on social and development issues.
2. To increase access to and participation of disadvantaged groups in community and/or government services and activities.
3. To increase capacity of civil society organisations to involve, represent and/or speak out for disadvantaged groups.
Implementation methodologies1. Supporting citizen participation and community action
2. Developing organisations and institutions
3. Services and information to the poor
4. Building public support for development
|Number and percentage of disadvantaged people reporting satisfaction with and access to community and/or government services/activities||2013|
|Number and percentage of disadvantaged people involved in development focused activities||2013|
|Number and percentage of disadvantaged people aware on issues and service/activities||2013|
|In-kind contribution||VOLUNTEER EFFORT|
|Other, please specify||community participation|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Raleigh Alumni|