- Submitted by: APRODEA, ACTION FOR ECONOMIC AND AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT
- Topic: Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Keywords: SUSTAINABILITY, ECOSYSTEM, ORGANIC AGRICULTURE, BIODIVERSITY
- Location: BUKAVU/SOUTH KIVU/DR CONGO
- Date of completion: 20 MAY 2017
In Support of Rio+20 Future We Want
This initiative is in support of paragraph 12 of the Rio+20 outcome document, the Future We Want
Deliverables & Resources
PROJECT FOR IMPROVING ECOSYSTEM AND THE PROTECTION OF BIODIVERSITY IN SOUTH KIVU/DR CONGO
Partner(s)APRODEA(ACTION FOR ECONOMIC AND AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT.(LEAD)
Partners: 20 GROWER COOPERATIVES: BUGOBE, CIRUNGA, MITI, BUSHWIRA, MUDAKA ,RUZIZI PLAIN ETC...--
Description/achievement of initiativegeneral objective: contribute to the fight against the brake and poverty through out integrated agriculture to the promotion of environment, biodiversity and climate adaptation.
Specific objective: -sustain the capacities of 12 400 producers of KAHUZI BIEGA NATIONAL PARC to reinforce the agricultural production without damaging the environment of KAHUZI BIEGA NATIONAL PARC
Implementation methodologiesRURAL ACTION RESEARCH
The expert of APRODEA go to the villages and collaborate with the members of the cooperatives and make interviews on:
-traditional methods of production without damaging the environment, natural methods of fertilization, improvement and plantes care.
-trees which can feed the soil and protect it.
2. They try on small lands the variety of seeds adapted on the climate and the area, the kept seeds make the object of multiplication of hight scales.
THE TRAINING OF TRAINERS: as we have got 20 grower cooperatives, each cooperative sends 5 delegates and we train 100 persons who in turn train the population about the protection of the environment, biodiversity and biological agriculture.
3. CREATION OF FIELD OF REFERENCE: here, they practice the learnt methods: biological agriculture, agro-ecology and agro-forestry.
4. CREATION OF TREE NURSERIES: Fruits plants, cover trees, fertilisation trees are found on tree nurseries and destributed to the population to reafforest free spaces inorder to create green spaces to protect the soil and the biodiversity, reducing then the emission of gas emission.
5. THE wastes management: from the colecting centre, to the treatment centre and recycling. The renewable energies are produced through out wastes and are analysed in the laboratery of LWIRO.
|100 PERSONS ARE TRAINED TO SENSIBILISE AND TRAIN THE OTHERS||2013|
|50 TONS OF SNOWBALL MADE FOR USE IN KITCHENS||2013|
|48 HECTARS REAFFORESTED AND GREEN SPACES RESTORED||2014|
|106 HECTARES CULTIVATED WITH BIOLOGICAL AGRICULTURAL METHODS, AGRO-FORESTERY AND GULY AGRICULTURE||2015|
|Other, please specify||Research : 102, 000 USD|
|Other, please specify||TRAINING 204,000 USD|
|Other, please specify||TREE NURSERIES 50,000 USD|
|Other, please specify||WASTES MANAGEMENT:112,000 USD|