- Submitted by: Dominican Republic
- Topic: Small Island Developing States
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Dominican Republic
- Date of completion: 2020
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration - Voluntary Commitment by Dominican Republic
Partner(s)Dominican Republic, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative1. Promote local and sustainable use of biofuels, particularly in the transport sector.
2. Plan and promote the development of infrastructure for generation, transmission and distribution of electricity, operating at the standards of quality and reliability of service established by the rules.
3. Encourage strict enforcement of environmental regulation in electricity generation aimed at the adoption of sustainable management practices and mitigation of climate change.
4. Promote a culture of citizenship and business efficiency, by inducing a wise use practices in electricity and promoting the use of equipment and processes to lower energy use or better use of it.
Implementation methodologiesTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|Achievement of commitments above||2020|
|Other, please specify||In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP.|