- Submitted by: Maldives
- Topic: Small Island Developing States
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Maldives
- Date of completion: 2020
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration - Voluntary Commitment by Maldives
Partner(s)Maldives, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative1. Provide all citizens with access to reliable & sustainable energy services at lowest possible cost.
2. Achieve carbon neutrality in the energy sector by year 2020.
3. Promote energy conservation and energy efficiency.
4. Increase national energy security.
5. Promote renewable energy technologies.
6. Strengthen the institutional and legal framework of the energy sector
Implementation methodologiesTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|Achieve carbon neutrality in the energy sector||2020|
|Other, please specify||In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP.|