- Submitted by: Marshall Islands
- Topic: Small Island Developing States
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Marshall Islands
- Date of completion: 2020
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration - Voluntary Commitment by Marshall Islands
Partner(s)Marshall Islands, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative1. A 40% reduction in CO2 emissions below 2009 levels by 2020;
2. Electrification of 100% of urban households and 95% of rural outer atoll households by 2015;
3. The provision of 20% of energy through indigenous renewable resources by 2020;
4. Improved efficiency of energy use in 50% of households and businesses, and 75% of government buildings by 2020;
5. A 20% efficiency improvement in transportation sector fuel use by 2020;
6. Feasibility studies and internationally supported financing plans for innovative game-changing renewable energy and sustainable development opportunities undertaken by 2015.
Implementation methodologiesTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|Electrification of 100% of urban households and 95% of rural outer atoll households||2015|
|20% efficiency improvement in transportation sector fuel use||2020|
|20% of energy through indigenous renewable resources||2020|
|40% reduction in CO2 emissions below 2009 levels||2020|
|Other, please specify||To be achieved with assistance from development partners.|