- Submitted by: Mauritius
- Topic: Small Island Developing States
- Keywords: Energy
- Location: Mauritius
- Date of completion: 2025
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Barbados Declaration - Voluntary Commitment by Mauritius
Partner(s)Mauritius, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative1. Increasing the share of renewable energy(including solar power, wind energy, hydro power, bagasse and landfill gas) to around 35% by 2025
2. Removal of barriers impeding the development of renewable energy
3. Use of innovative renewable energy technologies
4. Promoting and monitoring energy efficiency measures across all sectors
5. Democratizing energy supply and promoting the participation of Small Independent Power Producers in electricity generation using renewable resources.
6. Promoting sustainable buildings and conducting energy audits of public buildings
7. Adopting product labeling and energy efficiency standards
Implementation methodologiesTo be achieved with assistance from development partners.
|Increasing the share of renewable energy(including solar power, wind energy, hydro power, bagasse and landfill gas) to around 35%||2025|
|Other, please specify||In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP|