- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Villejuif, France
- Date of completion: 2015
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
Description/achievement of initiativeEfrei is currently setting up a sustainable development strategy for the years 2012-2015. The elaboration and implementation of Efrei's sustainable development approach will be coordinated by Efrei's foundation human IT and Efrei's managing director. A progress report including the evolution of the key performance indicators for each project will be established at least once every year. A part from initiative taken by Efrei's management and staff this strategy is based on contributions of Efrei's student body through the 43 student organizations (field projects) as well as the support of Efrei's corporate partners (consulting and funding).
Implementation methodologiesOur roadmap, which is organized in academic years, includes the following steps:
- 2011/12 Setting up of a sustainable development strategy
- Definition of goals, organizational structures and resources
2012/13 First steps and plan of action
- Introduction of sustainable development contents into parts of the core curriculum (innovative and research projects of the Master 1 and 2 years, internship reports) and as an elective minor.
- Reinforcement of the existing sustainable development actions of Efrei's student organizations (Conferences on green IT issues, Computer waste avoidance, Car sharing, etc.)
- Implementation of a waste recycling system
- Analysis of critical practices of Efrei, its departments and the 43 attached student organizations. Identification of possible improvements. Definition of a plan of action.
2013/14 and 2014/15 Implementation of the plan of action.
- Management and roll out of projects as specified, continuing improvement of existing projects.
|Annual Sustainable Development Reports||2015|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|