- Submitted by: United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
- Topic: Sustainable cities and human settlements
- Keywords: Housing, slums, upgrading
- Location: Selected cities, regions and national authorities worldwide
- Date of completion: 2019-12-31
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Increased access to adequate urban housing and improved standards of living in slums
Description/achievement of initiativeCity, regional and national authorities will have implemented policies for increasing access to adequate housing and improving the standard of living in existing slums.
Implementation methodologiesPartner cities and regional and national authorities will implement improved urban housing policies and programmes with the collaboration of UNHCHR, World Bank, Region Commissions, local government authorities, CSOs and the private sector.
|Design of slum upgrading programmes||End 2019|
|Urban housing strategies||End 2019|
|Financing (in USD)||$180,000,000|