- Submitted by: United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
- Topic: Sustainable cities and human settlements
- Keywords: Research, knowledge, capacity
- Location: Selected cities, regions and national authorities worldwide
- Date of completion: 2019-12-31
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Knowledge dissemination and enhanced capacities for sustainable urbanization
Description/achievement of initiativeKnowledge of sustainable urbanization issues will be disseminated and capacities enhanced at international, national and local levels in order to improve formulation and implementation of evidence-based policies and programmes and to increase public awareness of the benefits of and conditions necessary for sustainable urbanization.
Implementation methodologiesPartner cities, regional and national authorities will formulate and implement evidence-based urban policies and programmes with the collaboration of UNU-IAS, local government authorities, CSOs, the private sector and universities.
|Integration of urban issues into national development plans||End 2019|
|Local and national urban observatories||End 2019|
|Financing (in USD)||$120,000,000|