- Submitted by: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
- Topic: Disaster risk reduction
- Keywords: rural women, disasters, floods, disaster reliance, family violence, indigenous women, indigenous girls, gender equality, women's empowerment, agricultural sustainability, knowledge, rural entrepreneurship, skills, protection, forests, preservation, habitat, UN Women, rights, entitlements
- Location: Punjab, Pakistan
- Date of completion: 2013-10-31
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
UN Women: Land Rights and Disaster Resilience with a gender lens in the Flood Prone zones of Punjab, Pakistan
Description/achievement of initiativeIncreased understanding and knowledge of issues around vulnerability, disasters, land ownership and gender contributing to disaster resilience in district of Punjab Pakistan among a range of stakeholders working towards DRR.
Enabling environment (knowledge, resources, spaces for discussions and technical help) for a range of stakeholders (PDMA, policy makers, legislators, various civil society initiatives and communities) to work on disaster resilience in the backdrop of landownership and entitlements in Punjab with a special focus on gender.
Implementation methodologiesProject area is going to be one of the disaster prone districts of Punjab, which will be selected with the help of Punjab Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA). Direct beneficiaries of the project will be community (especially landless women) living in the hazard prone zone of the district, both provincial and direct management authorities, policy makers and civil society stakeholders. A situational analysis will be done in both quantitative and qualitative terms. Advocacy plan with a range of stakeholders based on the findings of the study.
|An advocacy plan to enhance the disaster resilience of hazard prone communities of Punjab, Pakistan with a gender lens for better preparedness and respond to natural disasters particularly floods||2012|
|A situational analysis report of land rights and entitlement patterns in a hazard prone district of Punjab Pakistan with a special focus on gender.||2013|
|Other, please specify||Analysis|
|Other, please specify||Advocacy|