- Submitted by: Theme on the Environment, Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment (TEMTI) of the Commission on Environmental, Economic and Social Policy (CEESP), IUCN - International Union for the Conservation of Nature
- Topic: Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Keywords: biodiversity,genes, species, ecosystems, nature, conservation, valuing
- Location: local, national, regional, global
- Date of completion: 2016
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Valuing and conserving nature for a sustainable future
Partner(s)International Union for Conservation of Nature -IUCN
Description/achievement of initiativeThe conservation status of species and ecosystems is improved.
Implementation methodologiesCredible and trusted knowledge for valuing and conserving biodiversity leads to better policy and action on the ground.
|The proportion of the most important areas for biodiversity effectively managed for the conservation of species, ecosystems and genetic diversity increases to sustain livelihoods and a green economy||2016|
|Staff / Technical expertise||IUCN Members, National and Regional Committees, Commissions, Secretariat|
|Financing (in USD)||$120,000,000|