- Submitted by: Anadolu Efes
- Topic: Rural Development
- Keywords: agricultural, resources-efficiency
- Location: Turkey
- Date of completion: 2017
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Global Compact
Sustainable Agriculture Programme
Partner(s)Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Husbandry, Ă‡ukurova University, SelĂuk University, Hacettepe University, UludaÄź University, Kahramanmaramam University, Harran University, Ankara University, Turkey Plant Breeding Association, Turkey Seed Industry Association, Sub Union of Seed Industrialists and Producers, Sub Union of Plant Breeders.
Open to additional partners.
Description/achievement of initiativeImprove quality management; resource-efficiency of the agricultural raw materials, ensure that these products are grown locally in each market; expand supply area sustainably while supporting farmer families.
Implementation methodologies1. The training programme was developped in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture, Universities and CSOs, these partners are also active in the actual trainings.Overall, Anadolu Efes has invested over €1,000,000 in this innovative Sustainable Agriculture Programme since 1987 and will continue in definately as it is part of it's core business.
In addition to this, €1,500,000 on average annually of in-kind contribution of seeds are given to farmers with a flexible repayment method which provides up to 9 months for repayment.
1. In partnership with local universities and the Turkish Plant Breeding Association, Turkey Seed Industry Association, Sub Union of Seed Industrialists and Producers, Sub Union of Plant Breeders training on sustainable agriculture planting methodes to ensure that local farmers are able to adapt to natural conditions such as climate change and environmental factors will continue to be carried out.
2. Time is a factor to achieve this target in the sense that after the certification process in order to reach the sufficient amount to commercialize registered barley seed.
|Increasing the number of farming families which are using registered barley seeds that are more eviromentally efficient and high in quality from 700-1,400||2017|
|Increasing the capacity development of Local Farmer Families through training and development programmes by increasing the number of target beneficiaries (farming family households) from 300 to 600.||2017|
|Financing (in USD)||$7,500,000|