- Submitted by: BASF SE
- Topic: Food security and nutrition and sustainable agriculture
- Keywords: nutrition, youth, children
- Location: Germany,Worldwide
- Date of completion: 2015
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Global Compact
Description/achievement of initiativeBASF'S food fortification activities are a flagship Corporate Social Responsibility initiative that aims to reduce vitamin and mineral deficiencies of people at risk in an economically sustainable fas.
Implementation methodologiesThe commitment will be realized through BASF’s product solutions, technical assistance, scientific expertise and through its partnerships with development organisations, public institutions and academia.
|Reduce vitamin and mineral deficiencies of people suffering from or at risk of malnutrition. Each year 60 Mio. additional people shall be reached with fortified staple foods.||2015|