- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Minsk, Belarus
- Date of completion: 2015
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
International Sakharov Environmental University
Partner(s)International Sakharov Environmental University
Description/achievement of initiative"Our sustainability project between 2012 and 2015:
- support activities of the Coordinating Council on Education for Sustainable Development at the Ministry of Education;
- research, compilation and dissemination of the Belarusian and international experience in the field of Education for Sustainable Development (hereinafter ESD);
- introduction of new forms and methods of ESD in the education process;
- consultations, round tables, seminars and conferences on the subject of ESD and related topics;
- conducting academic research on ESD;
- cooperation with all stakeholders: educational institutions, civil society organizations, the media for the effective implementation of the UNECE"
Implementation methodologies"Strategy for Education for Sustainable Development in the Republic of Belarus:
- promotes the ideas and principles of ESD awareness specialist education institutions, the media and the public;
- establishing ties with foreign partners involved in the field of ESD and implementation of the UNECE Strategy for Education for Sustainable Development.
- training and retraining specialists in the field of renewable energy and energy saving."
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff committed to sustainability|