- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom (The)
- Date of completion: 2015
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
Description/achievement of initiativeImplement our biodiversity, green travel plan and ESDGC strategy.
Implementation methodologies1. Implement our new biodiversity strategy for the college as part of our sustainable development strategy targets to 2015 and beyond
2. implement our green travel plan as part of our sustainable development strategy 2010-2020. Acieve the gold award for green travel by 2015.
3.implement our waste and energy strategy as part of our sustainable development strategy 2010-2020. Reduce waste to landfill by 80% compared to 2009 by September 2013. Reduce water by 10% by september 2013. Reduce carbon emissions from energy by 30% by september 2016 and 40% by september 2020, compared to 2009.
4. implement our ESDGC strategy as part of our sustainable development strategy 2010-2020
5. continue to report publicly on our sustainability performance
6. maintain certification to the Welsh Green Dragon Environmental Standard
7. implement our new sustainable procurement strategy
|Waste and Energy strategy||2015|
|Certification to the Welsh Green Dragon Environmental Standard||2015|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|