Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/html/sustainabledevelopment.un.org/root/content.php on line 225 Barbados Declaration - Voluntary Commitment by Fiji .:. Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform
Barbados Declaration - Voluntary Commitment by Fiji
Fiji, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative
1. To further increase the share of renewable energy in electricity production from its current level (60%) to a higher level.
2. Achieve 100% access to electrification by 2016, with the current levels standing between 85 - 90%.
3. Further improve the reliability of main grid power supply and benchmark with those of similar economies.
4. Promote energy conservation and efficiency in all sectors of the economy.
5. Further enhance and strengthen institutional, regulatory and legal framework of the energy sector.
6. Utilisation of Biofuels in Fiji's transport sector by 2015.
To be achieved through Independent Power Producers participation in the sector.
Utilisation of Biofuels in Fiji's transport sector
100% access to electrification
Other, please specify
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/html/sustainabledevelopment.un.org/root/content.php on line 553