- Submitted by: United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
- Topic: Sustainable cities and human settlements
- Keywords: Land, legislation, governance, safety
- Location: Selected cities, regions and national authorities worldwide
- Date of completion: 2019-12-31
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Improved land, legislation and governance for cities and regions
Description/achievement of initiativeCity, regional and national authorities will establish systems for improved access to land, adopt enabling legislation and put in place effective decentralized governance that fosters equitable and sustainable urban development.
Implementation methodologiesRegional and national authorities will establish systems for improved access to land and adopt enabling legislation on the international guidelines on decentralization and strengthening of local authorities with the collaboration of FAO, UNCCD, UNDP, World Bank, local government authorities, CSOs and the private sector.
|Capacity building strategies for urban local authorities||End 2019|
|Arbitration of land disputes||End 2019|
|Metropolitan governance strategies||End 2019|
|Development of urban land administration||End 2019|
|Financing (in USD)||$180,000,000|