- Submitted by: United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
- Topic: Sustainable cities and human settlements
- Keywords: Policy, planning, design, public space, ecology, climate change
- Location: Selected cities, regions and national authorities worldwide
- Date of completion: 2019-12-31
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Policies, plans and designs for more compact, better integrated and connected cities
Description/achievement of initiativeCity, regional and national authorities will implement policies, plans and designs for more compact, better integrated and connected cities that foster equitable and sustainable urban development and are resilient to climate change.
Implementation methodologiesPartner cities and regional authorities will implement urban policies, plans and designs that apply principles and standards derived from best practices with the collaboration of UN-DESA, UNCRD, UNEP, CBD, UNFCCC, Regional Commissions, UNDP, WHO, World Bank, Regional Development Banks, local government authorities, CSOs and the private sector.
|City climate change mitigation and adaptation plans||End 2019|
|City enlargement and densification plans||End 2019|
|City-region development plans||End 2019|
|National urban policies||End 2019|
|Financing (in USD)||$180,000,000|