- Submitted by: United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
- Topic: Sustainable cities and human settlements
- Keywords: Services, infrastructure, water, sanitation
- Location: Selected cities, regions and national authorities worldwide
- Date of completion: 2019-12-31
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Increased equitable access to urban basic services
Description/achievement of initiativeCity, regional and national authorities will have implemented policies for increasing equitable access to urban basic services and improving the standard of living of the urban poor.
Implementation methodologiesPartner cities and regional authorities will implement the international guidelines on basic services for all, including safe drinking water, adequate sanitation, waste collection and management, domestic energy and public transport with the collaboration of UN-Water, UN-Energy, UNEP, WHO, UNIDO, World Bank, Regional Development Banks, local government authorities, CSOs and the private sector.
|Urban energy plans||End 2019|
|Urban mobility plans||End 2019|
|Waste management strategies||End 2019|
|Urban strategies for improving water and sanitation delivery||End 2019|
|Financing (in USD)||$210,000,000|