- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: San Luis Potosí, Mexico
- Date of completion: 2015
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí
Partner(s)Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí
Description/achievement of initiativeAgenda Ambiental (environmental agenda) of UASLP
- In 1998 the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosí (UASLP), created an office of the rectorate named the Agenda Ambiental (environmental agenda) of UASLP, with the mission to incorporate the environmental and sustainability (E&S) perspective to all university endeavour, particularly to teaching-formation, research, interaction with society and campus management. This purpose is fullfiled through four strategic projects: PEAS (program for E&S education); PMPCA (PhD and MSc program in environmental sciences, mainly for regional application); SGA (EMS in campus thigthly associated to E&S performance and to the essential functions of the university, mentioned above); and SPP (special projects to impact the transit of society to sustainability). All these projects are long underway (10 to 14 year old).
- Information on all these projects are continuosly uploaded in our website http://ambiental.uaslp.mx
Implementation methodologiesThrough continuing efforts already underway.
- PEAS: number of continuous education courses, diplomas, and formal programs that incorporate, that integrate de E&S perspective; PMPCA: number of graduates in MSc and PhD and number of thesis and papers published, indicators of quality satisfied (national standards); SGA: number of Faculties, including professors, students and employees involved in colaboration for construction of university-wide standards in 10 different criteria (which we call « modules »); SPP: importance of projects in course and finished, as well as official commissions in which we collaborate, social impact of projects and commissions.
- Agenda Ambiental is a trasversal, integrative initiative that works with all entities, professors, students and employees of the University. With a relatively small permanent staff bases its impact in the collaborative work with the university community across all campi. Agenda Ambiental has an active communication program (see website above)
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff dedicated to sustainable practices|