- Submitted by: Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (HESI)
- Topic: Education
- Keywords: education
- Location: Milano, Italy
- Date of completion: 2015
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
UniversitÓ degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
Partner(s)UniversitÓ degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
Description/achievement of initiativeFocused teaching and research activities dedicated to sustainable development practices.
The main concepts and teaching subjects provided are: - Applied Ecology and Environmental Botany (Environmental Sciences and Technologies) - Economics for the Environment and Energy, Processes and Equipments for Environmental Decontamination and Treatment
Implementation methodologiesThe main concepts and teaching subjects provided are:
- Applied Ecology and Environmental Botany (Environmental Sciences and Technologies)
- Economics for the Environment and Energy, Processes and Equipments for Environmental Decontamination and Treatment, Climate Changes, Processes with Low Environmental Impact (Sciences and Technologies of Environment and Landscape )
Action / Commitment: the above mentioned courses will start in academic year 2012-2013, with a duration of 3 years.
The target of research activities on sustainable development is to develop new theoretical methodologies for the study of sustainability and to boost interactions with the territory at the same time, and to promote the spreading of scientific culture for the integration of different elements (socio-economical, cultural, institutional, and environmental aspects), which is a fundamental step towards the practical accomplishment of theoretical concepts related to sustainability.
Action/ Commitment: Several pluriennial projects have been already implemented.
|Research activities on sustainable development||2015|
|Course: Sciences and Technologies of Environment and Landscape||2015|
|Course: Applied Ecology and Environmental Botany||2015|
|Staff / Technical expertise||Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development|