- Submitted by: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Topic: National Sustainable Development Strategies (NSDS)
- Keywords: Tools for achieving sustainable development; options for policy making and investment choices; equitable, sustainable and inclusive development; environmental and social protection; technology development, dissemination and transfer; enabling environment and well functioning institutions; innovation; opportunities, benefit and empowerment for all.
- Location: 40 countries by 2016
- Date of completion: 2016
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
Strategies and institutional frameworks for Green and Inclusive Economies (UNDP)
Description/achievement of initiativeInclusive, green growth strategies in the context of sustainable development and poverty reduction that integrate the gender dimensions, prepared or under development in at least 40 countries.
Related institutional, enabling and financial frameworks in place to enable sustainable and sustained development paths and natural resources management.
Implementation methodologiesThrough policy support and development, technical advice, provision of alternative technological and investment choices, capacity development of government and other actors, knowledge management, vulnerability and win-win assessments, stakeholder involvement, training, and support to implementation of policies and programmes, taking into account gender perspectives.
|Development planning and sector production activities integrate ecosystem management to to ensure that production processes maintain the biodiversity and ecosystem services that sustain human well-being in at least 20 countries||2016|
|National Action Plans and commitments for achieving Sustainable Energy for All formulated and adopted and policy frameworks to enable public-private partnerships to attract investment in sustainable energy implemented in at least 50 countries||2016|
|Inclusive, green, low-emission and climate-resilient development policies and priorities formulated and under implementation in at least 40 countries||2016|
|Financing (in USD)||$350,000,000|
|Staff / Technical expertise||UNDP staff and consultants|