- Submitted by: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Topic: National Sustainable Development Strategies (NSDS)
- Keywords: Tools for achieving sustainable development; options for policy making and investment choices; equitable, sustainable and inclusive development; environmental and social protection; technology development, dissemination and transfer; enabling environment and well-functioning institutions; innovation; opportunities, benefit and empowerment for all.
- Location: 40 countries by 2016
- Date of completion: 2016
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
UNDP Governance support: capacity development, assessments and integrated strategies
Description/achievement of initiativeVisible progress in addressing equity and inclusion concerns in MDGs acceleration and sustainable development strategies.
The integration of the three strands of sustainable development gets operationalized at the national and local levels through strengthening the enabling environment, governing institutions and non-state actors.
Implementation methodologiesThrough policy support and development, technical advice, provision of alternative technological and investment choices, capacity development of state and non-state actors, knowledge management, vulnerability and win-win assessments, stakeholder involvement, and support to implementation of policies and programmes, taking into account gender perspectives.
|Integrated strategies for stabilization and recovery combining access to rule of law, justice, security and sustainable livelihoods, whenever possible - being pursued in 30-35 affected countries||2016|
|Financing (in USD)||$8,000,000|
|Staff / Technical expertise||UNDP staff and consultants|