- Submitted by: The Rezidor Hotel Group
- Topic: Energy
- Keywords: Hotel industry, energy consumption
- Location: worldwide
- Date of completion: 2016
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All)
Think Planet energy consumption reduction
Partner(s)The Rezidor Hotel Group
Open to additional partners.
Description/achievement of initiativeThink Planet is Rezidor's ambitious energy saving programme which targets a 25% reduction of the energy consumption in our 327 hotels. It focuses on innovative energy saving investments and operations
Implementation methodologiesThink Planet will be realized by:
- focusing on energy saving investments with an ROI of maximum 7 years
- employee and guest engagement in energy saving actions
- purchasing synergies
All hotels have received a technical Think Planet Energy Action Plan, based on which they will define their 5 priority actions.
The staff is engaged by back-of-house communications and a Think Planet webquiz on energy. The hotels are also competing against each other to maximise savings. The hotels with the biggest energy savings will receive a foldable bicycle for all the staff.
Think Planet has its own brand and logo. Lumi, the firefly is Think Planetís mascot.
|25% reduction of energy consumption by end 2016 for all 327 hotels of The Rezidor Hotel Group.||2016|