- Submitted by: Toyola Energy Limited
- Topic: Energy
- Keywords: Sub Saharan Africa, low income households, clean energy, Energy ; Environment and climate change; Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Access to Energy; Renewables; Energy Efficiency
- Location: Benin; Burkina Faso; Ghana; Nigeria; Sierra Leone; Togo
- Date of completion: 2020
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All)
Clean Energy for low income Households in Sub Saharan Africa
Partner(s)E+Co, a US based Organization that invests in clean Energy businesses in the developing World.
Description/achievement of initiativeToyola Energy (Ghana) commits to sell at least 3 million energy-efficient cookstoves and 30,000 solar lanterns and small home systems to poor households in sub-Saharan Africa by 2020.
Implementation methodologiesCommitment was developed out of our successful experience in selling energy almost 250,000 efficient cookstoves and solar energy products to low income households in four in West Africa countries where over one million people directly benefits from their use. Our customers who continue to need and use our products and services were the ones consulted and have indicated a readiness to continue patronizing Toyola. Toyola will need partners in the areas of Finance and product supplies especially Solar.
Mobile marketing to serve customers in their communities.Micro finance, micro franchising , training and financing local people to use our tested mobile marketing model to provide our energy products and services in their localities. Carbon finance, micro finance and small business finance help us make the products affordable and accesible as well as raise money to finance the value chain.
|30,000 Solar lanterns and small Home systems sold||2020|
|3 Million Energy efficient cookstoves sold||2020|