- Submitted by: Siemens AG
- Topic: Energy
- Keywords: environmemental portfolio, environmental management, sustainability strategy.
- Location: Germany, worldwide
- Date of completion: 2014
- Click for more information
Deliverables & Resources
- This voluntary initiative came from Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All)
Strong Growth of Environmental Portfolio
Description/achievement of initiativeSiemens reinforces its commitment to grow its externally verified Environmental Portfolio from currently 29.9'' bn EUR to 40'' bn EUR in 2014.
Implementation methodologiesProducts, systems, solutions, and services from all consolidated Siemens companies may qualify for the Siemens Environmental Portfolio. Strict processes with clearly defined criteria govern which of these are added to the Environmental Portfolio and included in the report.
Products, systems, solutions, and services (“elements”) must meet one of the following criteria to qualify for the Environmental Portfolio:
1. Energy efficiency: This applies to elements that offer significantly better energy efficiency than a comparable solution. The criterion is an increase in energy efficiency or decrease in power loss of at least 20 percent in the use phase – or a greenhouse gas reduction of at least 100,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalents in the use phase from all installed elements from a given year combined.
2. Renewable energies: This criterion covers renewable energies such as wind turbines, solar power plants, and smart grid installations (such as smart meters or smart control mechanisms for energy distribution networks).
3. Environmental technologies: Environmental technologies include water and wastewater treatment, air pollution control, waste reduction, and recycling. This criterion also covers elements for e-mobility infrastructure (such as drivetrains or charging stations for electric vehicles). Solutions from the Healthcare Sector can also qualify if major effects for the patient (noise, x-ray radiation) are reduced by at least 25 percent.
This target is supported by the entire Siemens organization in more than 180 countries
|The volume of the Environmental Portfolio will reach 40 bn EUR and will be externally verified and published annually.||2014|
|Financing (in USD)||$13,000,000,000|