- Location: Egypt
- Type: Regional
- Source: International - Curricula Educators Association
- More information
It is an initiative to create communication channels between scientists and the community in the Middle East Region and North Africa for sustainable development and citizenship as science is the core of sustainable development, through the following:
1) Educational Reform:
A- Lobbying for reforming science curricula at the National schooling system (National Curriculum) to related science to life and environment as the current methodology used in writing text books is inefficient.
B- Curriculum design and mapping for the International schools to avoid the use of the "exported" textbooks without integration of local issues and concerns(life and environment)
2) Providing recognized training program for science teachers to integrate environment education and citizenship into their lesson planning.
3) Raising awareness on the green economy, conservation and environment in the MENA region by carrying out campaigns conducted by students, scientists and civic community.
6) Facilitating access to scientific information through Science Across MENA Digital Library.
7) Carrying out three sustainable projeacts integrating natural science in saving cultural and natural heritage and developing loal communies ( North Sainai, South Sainai, Sidi Barani- Egypt).
8) Holding workshops, seminars , two regional conferences and an international conference for academics and stakeholders.
9) Empowering 25 women as educational leaders for greener economy.
10) Carry out the self-sustainable Shadow a Scientist Project in regards of conservation, ecosystems, clean energy and nano-technology for at least 200 students and 50 teachers.