United Nations Partnership for SDGs online platform introduces tracking of progress reports
7 Nov 2018
- By UN-DESA/DSDG on 7 Nov 2018
Read more in related topics
- The Partnerships for SDGs online platform
is United Nations' global registry of voluntary commitments and multi-stakeholder partnerships, facilitating global engagement of all stakeholders in support of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Registered initiatives are encouraged to ensure that the information they have provided is up-to-date, and to periodically self-report progress once a year through the platform. The focus of such progress reports should be on how the initiative has contributed to the achievement of specific goals and targets in the 2030 Agenda. Once a progress update has been published, it will appear alongside your dedicated initiative page. If no progress report has been received after two years of registration, the initiative will be marked as inactive on the platform.
As of October 2018, a traffic light system has been introduced to each partnership/commitment on the platform, with the purpose of showing the status of submitted progress reports.
Where do I submit a progress report?
Traffic light explanations
- Green – report submitted within a year since your registration
- Yellow – report due, more than one year since registration – submit your report now
- Red – report two years due - submit your report now
How does it look?
How does it work?
- I registered my initiative on 1 July 2018
- On 1 July 2019, traffic light will turn yellow on your page – submit progress report now
- On 1 July 2020, traffic light will turn red - submit progress report now
Why should I submit a progress report?
- The periodic reporting contributes to follow up of the partnership and share lessons learned with others. In 2019, ahead of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, UN DESA will undertake an analysis of partnerships and commitments registered with the platform. The analysis will serve as background the member States and stakeholders as they review progress of the SDGs
- Each year, the Division for Sustainable Development Goals of UN DESA produces a publication on Partnerships for the SDGs, which summarizes partnership trends and highlights transformative partnerships. New registrations and submitted progress updates will provide the basis for preparing this report.
- The Partnership for SDGs online platform also serves as the basis for identifying multi-stakeholder partnerships and voluntary commitments to be profiled during partnership events organized by UN DESA, including the annual Partnership Exchange and the ECOSOC Partnership Forum
- Initiatives with submitted progress reports are easier to find in the platform registry