Interactive Stakeholder Dialogue at April joint FFD and post-2015 negotiation session
16 Apr 2015
Read more in related topics
- The upcoming joint session of the Financing for Development (FfD) process and the intergovernmental negotiations on the post-2015 development agenda, held from 21-24 April, will focus on means of implementation and a global partnership for sustainable development.
An interactive dialogue with Major Groups and other stakeholders engaged in the FfD and post-2015 processes will take place on Thursday, 23 April. The dialogue will focus on the relationship between these two processes and on substantive discussions on a technology facilitation mechanism and other science, technology and innovation issues. To facilitate a truly interactive dialogue, Member States are invited and encouraged to participate actively throughout the dialogue.
Speakers at the dialogue will be asked to respond to the following guiding questions:
- How can the FfD outcome most effectively reflect the level of ambition of the post-2015 development agenda?
- What do you believe are the elements to be considered in forming effective and transformative global partnerships in the implementation of the post-2015 agenda?
- What do you envision being the most effective approach to the follow-up and review of Financing for Development commitments and the Means of Implementation targets included in SDG 17 and under each individual SDG?
- How can science, technology, and innovation, including a possible technology facilitation mechanism, support the implementation of the post-2015 development agenda, including the SDGs?
The dialogue will take place on Thursday, 23 April 2015, from 10:00am-1:00pm in conference room 1 and can be followed live on UN Web TV
Click here for further information, including the list of speakers