Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) - Strengthening stakeholder engagement for the implementation and review of the 2030 Agenda
A partnership between the Division for Sustainable Development Goals (DSDG) of UNDESA and UNITAR, this Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) aims at reaching out to a high number of governmental officials and other stakeholders such as UN staff, local governments, civil society and others who expressed an interest in taking this course.
The learning objectives of the course are:
1. To describe the rationale behind the need for Governments to engage with major groups and other stakeholders in formulating and reviewing SDG policies;
2. To learn how to map key national stakeholders with a special focus on those who are the furthest behind;
3. To assess the relevance of different models of engagement practiced by other countries as part of VNRs in their respective countries;
4. To identify practical ways to engage with key national stakeholders, including vulnerable groups, in the context of preparations for VNRs;
5. To develop long-term strategies for ensuring continuous stakeholder engagement as part of regular national review processes for the SDGs.
The MOOC is structured in three modules:
• Module 1. Understanding the need for stakeholder engagement in the 2030 Agenda at the national level
• Module 2. Learning about approaches and tools for strengthening stakeholder engagement for the SDGs
• Module 3. Designing successful strategies for stakeholder engagement in national implementation and review processes for Agenda 2030
Register now here: https://bit.ly/MOOCSE2020b