Call for Submissions: Posters from National Research Laboratories
The third annual Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) invites all Member States to submit digital posters featuring the work of National Research Laboratories, to provide
an opportunity to share innovations with Member States and other stakeholders that are relevant to the cluster of SDGs under review this year at the UN High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF). These include SDG 6 (water
and sanitation), SDG 7 (energy), SDG 11 (cities), SDG 12 (sustainable consumption and production), and SDG 15 (terrestrial ecosystems), along with SDG 17 (means of implementation), which is considered each year. The theme of the HLPF is Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies.
Information on the SDGs under review and their targets can be found at: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgs
- Submissions should relate to an innovation developed in the national research laboratory with the proven potential to make a significant advance in at least one of the SDGs noted above.
- All submissions should include a brief descriptive note (200-300 words), explaining the nature of the innovation, the problem it addresses and how the solution works. The note should also include an assessment of its economic, social and environmental
impacts as applicable.
- The name of the submitting institution as well as contact details for further information should be included in the poster.
- Posters should be created electronically in JPG format at 300 resolution, with 0.25” crop marks
- All submissions are to be in English and may be edited for content and formatting.
- If the file size does NOT exceed 10Mb, electronic submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com. Otherwise, please use Dropbox, Google drive, or a similar service, as our servers will not accept emails
greater than 10Mb in size.
Submissions are being received by UNDESA on a rolling basis, and will be featured on our website. Posters received before 15 May 2018 will be exhibited at the STI Forum.