Mauritius, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative
1. Increasing the share of renewable energy(including solar power, wind energy, hydro power, bagasse and landfill gas) to around 35% by 2025
2. Removal of barriers impeding the development of renewable energy
3. Use of innovative renewable energy technologies
4. Promoting and monitoring energy efficiency measures across all sectors
5. Democratizing energy supply and promoting the participation of Small Independent Power Producers in electricity generation using renewable resources.
6. Promoting sustainable buildings and conducting energy audits of public buildings
7. Adopting product labeling and energy efficiency standards
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.