Barbados Declaration - Voluntary Commitment by Palau
Palau, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative
A vision for a reliable and resilient energy sector delivering sustainable low emission energy services by:
1. Providing clear policy direction on the future of Palau's energy sector
2. Appropriate regulations to secure energy services at competitive prices
3. Maximizing cost efficient energy efficiency and renewable energy resources and conservation of energy wile safeguarding the environment
4. Promoting environmentally sustainable energy technologies with the aim to substitute fossil fuels
5. Supporting consumers through the transition towards renewable energy
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.
Achievement of commitments above
Other, please specify
In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP.
Copyright United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs