- Topic: Green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication
- Location: Philippines
- Date of completion: 2013
- Click for more information
- Keywords: design, product innovation, Agriculture, aquaculture and forestry; Arts and culture; Children, youth and family
, President and Co-Founder, email@example.com
Are you the focal point for this commitment/partnership? By signing in
to this website, you can edit the information show, add documents, and more. Contact us
- This voluntary initiative came from Global Compact
Description/achievement of initiative
1) Development and upvalueing of goods/products of women, indigenous and farmer groups for niche, green retail market. 2) The increase of retail stores/outlet that support green sustainable lifestyle.
ECHOsi Foundation is running a nation-wide strategic program of product development and upvalueing products for niche, specialty markets. This also supports the greening of the value chain and the creation of green jobs.
Funding coming from two special programs
1) the CIDA's Great Women Project under the Philippine Commission for Women and
2) government funds under the Department of Agrarian Reform. Partial fund coming from the New Zealand Embassy in the Philippines
Other support: The network of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts specific to the cultural and indigenous communities all over the country.
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)- international agency,
Philippine Commission for Women (PCW) - government,
Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) - government,
Peace and Equity Foundation (PEF) - Civil Society/ NGO,
Women's Business Council (WBC) - Civil Society / NGO,
National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) - government