Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Description/achievement of initiative
Between 2012 and 2015 NMIMS is committed to undertake the following:
- Provide sustainability training to students, practitioners & professionals
- Engage & inspire students to execute field intervention projects in the areas of civic engagement & sustainable development
- Undertake research and documentation activities in the areas of sustainable development
- Adopt a tribal village in the State and execute developmental activities in the areas of water management, energy and education
The University has instituted Center for Sustainability Management & Social Entrepreneurship with the vision of sensitizing the students, faculty members, alumni, corporates and human service organizations to continuously respond to the changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge for creating a sustainable society that protects and promotes the dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all.
The Center's mission is to create a new generation of business leaders and social entrepreneurs who are knowledgeable about and are committed to create a sustainable society. The Center's objectives serve as a bridge between academia, the corporate world and the civil society organizations. The research, as well as the teaching strengths combined with the experiential learning approach and guiding principles of the Center, connect sustainability focused knowledge and research to students, businesses and the civil society organizations.
The Center's work is spread over five areas:
- Knowledge development and dissemination in the area of sustainable development
- Engage and inspire student's involvement in the area of sustainable development.
- Developing field intervention activities in the areas of sustianable development
- Developing academic programmes in Social Entrepreneurship (Diploma/PTMBA in Social Entrepreneurship)
- Disaster Management