Faculty of Economics University of Ljubljana
Description/achievement of initiative
In the more operative level, the FELU has:
- Incorporated sustainability in study programmes (undergraduate, graduate level, and also business programmes);
- Been actively involved in the National Research Programme Climate Change and Its Influence on the Predominant Paradigm in Economic and Business Sciences in Slovenia.
- Set up an Eco Team, which currently has 92 members;
- Started the Re.think project, which intents to increase awareness of the rational use of resources among students and employees;
- Kicked-off a project of solar-power electricity plant, which serves for 10 percent of FELUs electric needs.
The Faculty of Economics University of Ljubljana (FELU) is aware of its important role it plays in the field of business and economics education. Therefore, it is of its main concern to develop principled leaders for work in globally competitive business environment by combining economics and business education with innovative research while creating and disseminating knowledge in a global society, which is encompassed in its mission.
The importance of passing the knowledge to future generations and fulfilling the set mission is encompassed also with core values, where the significance is also set on commitment to ethics and promoting social responsibility.
The FELU has also engaged itself in the continuous quality improvement processes with the AACSB and EQUIS international business schools accreditations standards. Moreover, the school is also committed to PRME and the Six Principles advocated by the United Nations initiative of responsible management education. All of these commitments not only spur higher educational standards, but also provide an opportunity for the school to revise its teaching processes and further improve the quality of its learning environment and the quality of its students.
PRESENT AND FUTURE
The FELU will in 2012 – 2015 further focus on the following sustainability drivers: knowledge, integrity, and innovation.
Focus on knowledge co-creation of sustainability and corporate social responsibility in the curricula of courses, programmes, and subjects, new product development of knowledge for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- Inventorying the contents on sustainability and corporate social responsibility in the FELU's curricula, with a special focus on identifying the fields where there is room for improvement in the curricula, particularly the selected FELU's core courses;
- Implementing the sustainability-related business academy for executives (Sustainability Leadership and Inspiration Academy);
- Signing the cooperation agreement (Atlantis), which will lead to the development of the “Global Business Sustainability Programme” by 2013, with six partners worldwide.
The creativity of our key stakeholders (students, employees, and partners) is the FELU's advantage.
- The FELU draws inspiration for original ideas from their wide base of knowledge (the transfer of ideas and solutions) and integrity (to work responsibly and ethically, and to contribute to sustainable development).
- The FELU looks for innovative solutions in areas where there is a possibility to improve the use of various natural or other resources (consumption of electricity, water, heating, waste, etc.)
- The FELU strives to increase awareness of social and environmental liability, or otherwise contribute to sustainable development.
As public service employees the FELU does not only have a legal duty, but also a moral duty to respect and protect the fundamental values of the people and communities in which it operates.
- In accordance with the requirements of the Law on Integrity and Prevention of Corruption, the FELU has set up and launch its own Integrity Framework. The aim of the Integrity Framework is to identify risks to integrity, develop and implement instruments to cope with these risks, and increase transparency, accountability, and ethical behaviour at all levels at the FELU.