Maldives, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative
1. Provide all citizens with access to reliable & sustainable energy services at lowest possible cost.
2. Achieve carbon neutrality in the energy sector by year 2020.
3. Promote energy conservation and energy efficiency.
4. Increase national energy security.
5. Promote renewable energy technologies.
6. Strengthen the institutional and legal framework of the energy sector
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.